The SuperSID Monitor
Original SID Monitor
LF Transmitters Around the World
Schematics and Photos (original SID)
Schematics and Photos (new SuperSID)
Tracking Solar Flares
Quick References on the Ionosphere
A list by Leandra Merola of South Side High School, NY.
- Aguirre, E. L. (2005 May). Amateurs detect effects on
earth. Sky and Telescope, 109. Available through
- Contreira, D., Rodrigues F. S., Makita K., and Brum, C.
G. (2004). An experiment to study solar flare effects on radio-communication
signals. Advances in Space Research, 36(12), 2455-2459.
- Davies, Kenneth (1990). Ionospheric Radio. London: Peter
The Effect of Solar Flares on the VLF Radio Waves Transmitted in the Ionosphere,
a PowerPoint presentation by Sharad Khanal, 2004.
- Leary, W. E. (2006, March 6). Scientists say next solar
cycle will be stronger but delayed. New York Times.
- Peter N., (2003, March 3). In Iraq, solar storms play
havoc with communication. Christian Science Monitor, p. 15.
Radio Frequency Wikipedia Foundation, Inc.
Science Behind the Monitors (Solar Center SID Site)