Helio- and Asteroseismology
| OBSERVATIONS : the SUN
| OBSERVATIONS : STARS
| SOLAR OSCILLATIONS
WHO ARE WE ?
Who are we?
Possible questions regarding this material can be sent to the authors
at the E-mail addresses indicated or by telephone (+45) - 8942 2899.
- Jørgen Christensen-Dalsgaard (Research professor, IFA and
TAC), E-mail: email@example.com
- Frank P. Pijpers (Assistant professor, TAC), E-mail:
- Thomas H. Dall (PhD student, IFA), E-mail:
- Hans Kjeldsen (Assistant professor, TAC), E-mail:
- Regner Trampedach (student, IFA), E-mail:
A little about IFA and TAC :
The Institute of Physics
and Astronomy (IFA) is a part of
the University of Aarhus.
The institute covers a broad range of physics disciplines,
including the astronomy group.
The Theoretical Astrophysics Center (TAC)
financed by the Danish National Research Foundation
initially for a 5-year period from its start in February 1994.
TAC has departments at the Niels Bohr Institute for Astrophysics, Physics,
and Geophysics, at Copenhagen University, and at IFA.
TAC's director is Professor Igor Novikov, Copenhagen.
The department in Århus
occupies itself primarily with the study of the
structure and oscillations of the Sun and other stars.
Other members of the local group:
- Søren Frandsen (Associate Professor, IFA)
- Sarbani Basu (Post doc., TAC)
- Sylvain Turcotte (Post doc., TAC)
- Rasmus Munk Larsen (PhD student, Department of Computer Science and IFA)
- Michael Viskum (PhD student, IFA)
- Torben Arentoft (student, IFA)
- Hans Bruntt (student, IFA)
- Bo Hedemark Pedersen (student, IFA)
Primary collaborators elsewhere :
The group also participates actively in the
and projects concerning simultaneous observations
of stellar oscillations from many telescopes.
We plan to also participate in the French COROT
project to observe stellar oscillations by satellite.
- Åke Nordlund, Copenhagen
- Robert F. Stein, Michigan, USA
- Michael J. Thompson, Rachel Howe, London, England
- Yvonne Elsworth, Birmingham, England
- Douglas Gough, Takashi Sekii, Cambridge, England
- Anni Baglin, Eric Michel, Paris, France
- Sylvaine Turck-Chieze, Saclay, France
- Fernando Perez Hernandez, Tenerife, Spain
- Sylvain Korzennik, Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge (Mass.), USA
- Tim Brown, Colin Rosenthal, Steve Tomczyk, Juri Toomre, Boulder (Col.), USA
- Jesper Schou, Phil Scherrer, Sasha Kosovichev, Stanford (Calif.), USA
- Werner Däppen, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (Calif.), USA
- Tim Bedding, Sydney, Australia
Copyright (c) 1997 by the Theoretical Astrophysics Center,
Institute of Physics and Astronomy, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark.
All rights reserved.
Reproduction is permitted for educational purposes so long as
no charge is made for copies, credit is given to the TAC Aarhus
and the appropriate image or text sources, and this copyright
notice is included.
For information about the use of copyrighted material, see:
Intellectual Property Law for Multimedia Developers